Beacon Technologies Group, Inc. is a boutique independent software vendor in a well-established niche, with its own proprietary, web-based application for healthcare claims processing. All positions with Beacon are located in our Indianapolis-based office (currently at 465 and West 71st St). Beacon is a successful, progressive company whose founders recognize the importance of work/life balance. In addition to offering great health benefits to our employees, we also have additional perks including competitive PTO, a Costco or Sam’s Club membership, and health club reimbursement. We look forward to adding a new member to our collaborative and friendly team.
We have great staff retention and may be able to help sponsor H-1B and green card candidates.
If interested in any of the following positions, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position for which you are applying.
DevOps Team Lead (Indianapolis)
Our ideal DevOps Team Lead is a leader that can work hands-on in Java development, yet also lead and guide our team on delivery of software using best practices. Beacon has a large, sophisticated enterprise suite of software applications to support and advance. This position creates a unique opportunity for the right individual to grow with our business over time.
- Designs, implements, and tests robust, scalable applications and solutions for our product and customers
- Works on database designs, develops and maintains stored procedures and database triggers
- Serves as a mentor to the development team to guide them through coding best practices using design patterns and object-oriented frameworks
- Reviews code produced by others to help improve their skills and techniques
- Works within and helps to improve our existing frameworks by staying current in J2EE and Web Development, introducing new technologies as needed
- Actively listens to and cooperatively works with our customers and other internal team members to update and change the application and to adopt and implement software best practices and technologies
- Minimum of 5 years in production-level Java design and development (includes working with JSPs, Java Beans and servlets)
- Advanced SQL experience required (in DB2 and PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience with Tomcat, WebSphere, Eclipse, Subversion, CVS, SVS, Maven, Jenkins preferred
- Administration experience with VMware and/or KVM virtualization technologies and Linux OS’s (Red Hat, CentOS) preferred
- Experience with web-testing tools, deployment and configuration management tools and secure infrastructure management preferred
Java and SQL Software Developer (Indianapolis)
We are always looking to hire Java and SQL Software Developers to assist with continued development of our enterprise-class web-app for healthcare claims processing.
- Design, implement, and test robust, scalable applications and solutions for our product and customers
- Work within our existing frameworks, but help improve them by staying current with J2EE & web development technologies, architecture and database technologies to constantly improve software quality, customer efficiency and ease of use
- Work on database issues, develop and maintain stored procedures and database triggers
- Actively listen to and cooperatively work with our customers and other internal team members in order to contribute positively to updates and changes to the application and the adoption and implementation of software best practices and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid experience and knowledge of Java design and development that includes working with JSPs, Java Beans and servlets
- Ability to properly use design patterns and object-oriented frameworks
- Database knowledge and SQL experience -- with DB2 or PostgreSQL is a plus
- Mobile development is a plus
- Diligent, energetic work ethic with a positive attitude
Network Administration Assistant (Indianapolis)
Our growth has created excellent opportunities for a qualified Technical Network Administration Assistant. This position would help with tech support, server maintenance and infrastructure and operations tasks to start ASAP at our Indianapolis, Indiana, headquarters.
A strong, technical, diligent, Network Administration Assistant with initiative and a "can do" attitude can have a big impact working with an excellent team and gain lots of room for professional challenge and growth.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in Network Administrations, IT Operations required. Company will consider part-time, full-time, or contract, but no corp to corp.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Implements best practices for administering, servicing, and securing the servers, networks, network equipment, phone systems and desktop devices for company.
- Installs, configures, and troubleshoots server operating systems, network operating systems, server-based application software and office device software as directed.
- Participates in providing server, network, network equipment, and phone system performance, monitoring, reporting, evaluation, and optimization.
- Proactively and assertively addresses issues as they arise. Performs root cause analysis and provides direction for improvements.
- Assists and supports the Infrastructure Manager in managing, updating, and troubleshooting CentOS, VMWare in an ESX/SAN environment, Windows 7 and 8, Windows Servers, Zimbra Email, SonicWall and Dell network equipment, Dell Servers and Dell SAN, OpenFiler SAN, Linux, Active Directory, LDAP, and backup processes and failover for all of the above.
- Participates in development and testing of business continuity plans.
- Manages company’s software QA application regression testing environments and support including database rollbacks and promotion and migration of environments to be tested. Assists in results reporting and providing feedback as to application readiness.
- Coordinates with staff at various levels within the company, clients, vendors and consultants, as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Skills and Technical Experience
- Experience working in a high availability production environment.
- Experience with Linux: CentOS, DB2
- Experience with Virtualization, specifically VMWare ESXi and fail-over scenarios
- Experience working with clustered / load-balanced servers
- Knowledge of Shell, and/or BASH scripting
- Knowledge of Apache configurations and web server admin tasks
- Knowledge of configuring and implementing Nagios monitoring software
- Knowledge with OS and network security.
Software Sales Professional (Indianapolis)
Our growth has created an excellent opportunity for a qualified Health Claims Software Technology Sales Professional.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for selling Health Claims software and services to TPAs, Labor Union Funds, Insurance Carriers, state Medicaid, and Self-Funded Employer Groups
- Strong telemarketing capabilities and record keeping of efforts made and intelligence gained
- Documentation and follow-up activity to qualify prospects from lists, identify the right contacts and get through to them with compelling calls, campaigns, and emails
- Creative follow-up, ongoing contact skills and strategies
- Manage pipeline intelligently from lead qualification to closing and contract negotiation
- Present advantages of our solutions, overcome objections, gain commitment
- Meet activity and contact targets and sales targets
- Position based in Indianapolis offices, no remote work
- Modest travel to trade shows and/or prospect visits
- Prior sales experience with at least one of the following: Health Claims software and services, TPAs, Labor Union Funds, Insurance Carriers, state Medicaid, or Self-Funded Employer Groups
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Self-motivation, drive and initiative
- An outgoing and confident approach
- We expect a leader in this position--willing and able to help the company with development of new business.
Software Quality Automated Testing Engineer (Indianapolis)
- Lead development and implementation of automated testing for a sophisticated web software application.
- Creation and management of environments to conduct automated software functionality testing under controlled conditions.
- Hands-on testing of prototype and on-market products, data documentation, test method development, test script creation, etc.
- Perform automated testing to verify that products meet design specifications.
- Carefully follow written test instructions, and create instructions for other testers and end users.
- Summarize and document test results using Good Documentation Practices.
- Assist the Development Engineering team in development and validation of new test methods and data collection techniques.
- Assist the Development Engineering team as needed to support new product development projects.
- Contributing to the development and promotion of design and coding standards for automated testing scripts.
- Work closely with development team and customer services team on feature integration, problem discovery and problem resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years relevant experience OR Associate degree with 5 years relevant experience required. Excellent documentation skills required.
- Ability to participate in developing, documenting and executing verification test strategy and test plans
- Excellent communication. Write clear, concise and understandable detailed problem descriptions and test reports.
- Provide tool expertise and design, and coding assistance to QM staff tasked with developing, maintaining, and executing automated test scripts
- Knowledge of designing and developing automation tests for software development projects, including both batch processing and interactive applications
- Experience researching tools, methods, and technology trends to support departmental test automation objectives
Beacon currently has a need for an Accountant to assist with a variety of bookkeeping functions within our office. This is considered to be an entry-level position with full-time hours, Monday-Friday. Ideally, we are looking for someone who is willing to be very hands-on and involved in our day-to-day accounting processes.
Accuracy and attention to detail are particularly important within this role, in addition to excellent communication skills. Familiarity with QuickBooks is a plus!
- Accounting background (either through education or experience)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work Monday-Friday
- Experience with Quickbooks is a plus!
Don't see your dream job? We are always looking for dynamic, multi-talented individuals to join us. Email email@example.com with your resume and tell us how you would make an impact at Beacon.