Beacon Technologies Group, Inc. is a boutique independent software vendor in a well-established niche, with its own proprietary, web-based application for healthcare claims processing. All positions with Beacon are located in our Indianapolis-based office (currently at 465 and West 71st St). Beacon is a successful, progressive company whose founders recognize the importance of work/life balance. In addition to offering great health benefits to our employees, we also have additional perks including competitive PTO, a Costco or Sam’s Club membership, and health club reimbursement. We look forward to adding a new member to our collaborative and friendly team.
We have great staff retention and may be able to help sponsor H-1B and green card candidates.
If interested in any of the following positions, please send resume to email@example.com and indicate the position for which you are applying.
Customer Success Manager
We are looking for a sharp, energetic individual with excellent communication skills to be part of a collaborative team in the role of Customer Success Manager. Our customers’ success is our primary goal, and this position is integral to achieving that success. The CSM will work directly with customers to ensure that our SpyGlass application provides the optimal solution to their business needs. Organization, determination, and grace under pressure are important qualities in this role. We are seeking a leader who will take initiative and work well independently. A confident, hands-on individual will have the opportunity to make a major impact on our company, and will work with an excellent team where there is much room for personal and professional challenge and growth. 1-2 years of experience is ideal, but we are also able to consider new graduates.
- Work with executive management to design product solutions to meet customer needs and deadlines
- Work with technical management to assign tasks and nurture them through the development lifecycle
- Help identify and troubleshoot customer issues and find creative solutions through use of the SpyGlass application
- Help the company improve internal processes to increase overall productivity
- Manage project scope, while meeting contract and account commitments
- Help translate business requirements into intelligently designed development instructions
- Actively listen to our customers and internal team members in order to facilitate a positive, collaborative working relationship
- Strive to deliver application enhancements to customers in a predictable and well-documented fashion
- Encourage the adoption and implementation of software best practices and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Team leadership skills
- A record of success (whether in school or past positions held)
Additional Desired Requirements:
- Experience with software delivery and implementation management
- HIPAA transactions and code sets understanding
- Health claims processing experience, or health plan experience
Job Duties include: Software design and architecture, envisioning, writing specifications and tests, programming, maintaining existing code, debugging, testing through the full development lifecycle, working with automated testing systems and procedures, evaluating test results, performance optimization, database and SQL development.
Position requires a master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
Work location: Indianapolis, IN
DevOps Team Lead
Our ideal DevOps Team Lead is a leader that can work hands-on in Java development, yet also lead and guide our team on delivery of software using best practices. Beacon has a large, sophisticated enterprise suite of software applications to support and advance. This position creates a unique opportunity for the right individual to grow with our business over time.
- Designs, implements, and tests robust, scalable applications and solutions for our product and customers
- Works on database designs, develops and maintains stored procedures and database triggers
- Serves as a mentor to the development team to guide them through coding best practices using design patterns and object-oriented frameworks
- Reviews code produced by others to help improve their skills and techniques
- Works within and helps to improve our existing frameworks by staying current in J2EE and Web Development, introducing new technologies as needed
- Actively listens to and cooperatively works with our customers and other internal team members to update and change the application and to adopt and implement software best practices and technologies
- Minimum of 5 years in production-level Java design and development (includes working with JSPs, Java Beans and servlets)
- Advanced SQL experience required (in DB2 and PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience with Tomcat, WebSphere, Eclipse, Subversion, CVS, SVS, Maven, Jenkins preferred
- Administration experience with VMware and/or KVM virtualization technologies and Linux OS’s (Red Hat, CentOS) preferred
- Experience with web-testing tools, deployment and configuration management tools and secure infrastructure management preferred
Network Administration Assistant
Our growth has created excellent opportunities for a qualified Technical Network Administration Assistant. This position would help with tech support, server maintenance and infrastructure and operations tasks to start ASAP at our Indianapolis, Indiana, headquarters.
A strong, technical, diligent, Network Administration Assistant with initiative and a "can do" attitude can have a big impact working with an excellent team and gain lots of room for professional challenge and growth.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in Network Administrations, IT Operations required. Company will consider part-time, full-time, or contract, but no corp to corp.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Implements best practices for administering, servicing, and securing the servers, networks, network equipment, phone systems and desktop devices for company.
- Installs, configures, and troubleshoots server operating systems, network operating systems, server-based application software and office device software as directed.
- Participates in providing server, network, network equipment, and phone system performance, monitoring, reporting, evaluation, and optimization.
- Proactively and assertively addresses issues as they arise. Performs root cause analysis and provides direction for improvements.
- Assists and supports the Infrastructure Manager in managing, updating, and troubleshooting CentOS, VMWare in an ESX/SAN environment, Windows 7 and 8, Windows Servers, Zimbra Email, SonicWall and Dell network equipment, Dell Servers and Dell SAN, OpenFiler SAN, Linux, Active Directory, LDAP, and backup processes and failover for all of the above.
- Participates in development and testing of business continuity plans.
- Manages company’s software QA application regression testing environments and support including database rollbacks and promotion and migration of environments to be tested. Assists in results reporting and providing feedback as to application readiness.
- Coordinates with staff at various levels within the company, clients, vendors and consultants, as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Skills and Technical Experience
- Experience working in a high availability production environment.
- Experience with Linux: CentOS, DB2
- Experience with Virtualization, specifically VMWare ESXi and fail-over scenarios
- Experience working with clustered / load-balanced servers
- Knowledge of Shell, and/or BASH scripting
- Knowledge of Apache configurations and web server admin tasks
- Knowledge of configuring and implementing Nagios monitoring software
- Knowledge with OS and network security.
Software Sales Professional
Our growth has created an excellent opportunity for a qualified Health Claims Software Technology Sales Professional.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for selling Health Claims software and services to TPAs, Labor Union Funds, Insurance Carriers, state Medicaid, and Self-Funded Employer Groups
- Strong telemarketing capabilities and record keeping of efforts made and intelligence gained
- Documentation and follow-up activity to qualify prospects from lists, identify the right contacts and get through to them with compelling calls, campaigns, and emails
- Creative follow-up, ongoing contact skills and strategies
- Manage pipeline intelligently from lead qualification to closing and contract negotiation
- Present advantages of our solutions, overcome objections, gain commitment
- Meet activity and contact targets and sales targets
- Position based in Indianapolis offices, no remote work
- Modest travel to trade shows and/or prospect visits
- Prior sales experience with at least one of the following: Health Claims software and services, TPAs, Labor Union Funds, Insurance Carriers, state Medicaid, or Self-Funded Employer Groups
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Self-motivation, drive and initiative
- An outgoing and confident approach
- We expect a leader in this position--willing and able to help the company with development of new business.
Software Quality Automated Testing Engineer
- Lead development and implementation of automated testing for a sophisticated web software application.
- Creation and management of environments to conduct automated software functionality testing under controlled conditions.
- Hands-on testing of prototype and on-market products, data documentation, test method development, test script creation, etc.
- Perform automated testing to verify that products meet design specifications.
- Carefully follow written test instructions, and create instructions for other testers and end users.
- Summarize and document test results using Good Documentation Practices.
- Assist the Development Engineering team in development and validation of new test methods and data collection techniques.
- Assist the Development Engineering team as needed to support new product development projects.
- Contributing to the development and promotion of design and coding standards for automated testing scripts.
- Work closely with development team and customer services team on feature integration, problem discovery and problem resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years relevant experience OR Associate degree with 5 years relevant experience required. Excellent documentation skills required.
- Ability to participate in developing, documenting and executing verification test strategy and test plans
- Excellent communication. Write clear, concise and understandable detailed problem descriptions and test reports.
- Provide tool expertise and design, and coding assistance to QM staff tasked with developing, maintaining, and executing automated test scripts
- Knowledge of designing and developing automation tests for software development projects, including both batch processing and interactive applications
- Experience researching tools, methods, and technology trends to support departmental test automation objectives
Beacon currently has a need for an Accountant to assist with a variety of bookkeeping functions within our office. This is considered to be an entry-level position with full-time hours, Monday-Friday. Ideally, we are looking for someone who is willing to be very hands-on and involved in our day-to-day accounting processes.
Accuracy and attention to detail are particularly important within this role, in addition to excellent communication skills. Familiarity with QuickBooks is a plus!
- Accounting background (either through education or experience)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work Monday-Friday
- Experience with Quickbooks is a plus!
Don't see your dream job? We are always looking for dynamic, multi-talented individuals to join us. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and tell us how you would make an impact at Beacon.